The Municipal Museum of the Kalavrita Holocaust
is housed at the historic Primary School of the town, the place which was bound to be the theatre where the first act of the Kalavryta tragedy was played. It was built at the beginning of the 20th century on donation by Greek benefactor Andreas Syggros
, and was completely burnt down in a fire set by the Nazis on December 13, 1943.
After the liberation, the school was rebuilt
on its original blueprints. In 1986 it was declared a historic monument by the Ministry of Culture, and today it houses the museum of the town which serves
as a centre for the promotion, through education, of peace in the world and cooperation among peoples.
The central door of the museum remains forever closed, while at the town’s square the clock has stopped at 14:34, the time of Kalavryta massacre.