A special space will be dedicated to lectures and wine tasting seminars, while digital signage will allow visitors and exhibitors to interact and to directly share useful information and content on social media. For the first time, this year, “Oenorama” 2017 in partnership with Enterprise Greece, will host a group of wine buyers and journalists from Korea and Japan, while wine experts Robert Joseph and Jamie Goode from the United Kingdom will give a lecture on global wine trends.
Along with “Oenorama 2017”, 5 other events are taking place to quench the visitors thirst for wine:
- “Athens Wine Week”’: Learn more about Greek wine by attending top quality events around the city (13 -19 March). Restaurants, cellars, wine bars, wine schools, wine producers and wine lovers work together and organise events with special menus that will allow food and wine lovers to meet and mingle with chefs, winemakers and sommeliers.
- “Wine Revelations”: A “fair-within-a-fair” hosts “top obscure” Greek wines for buyers on the look-out for emerging wines and wineries. “Wine Revelations” include: 34 stands, one for each small-production boutique- winery (maximum production: 30,000 bottles annualy) and a “Wine Bar” offering about 60 special wines. Wines will be served by a team of passionate, young sommeliers and oenologists.
- “Discover Greek Wines”: A good place to start your visit is the Oenorama Tasting Gallery “Discover Greek Wines”. The visitor can enjoy self-pour tasting from over 250 wines selected by the producers themselves as the most representative of their region. Entry to the tasting gallery is free of charge for trade and open to the general public for an extra 5€ on the entry price (coupons are for sale at the show entrance and are valid for one visit only). In this area, there is also an information desk for international visitors, the Greek Wine Information Bureau, with a huge map of the Greek vineyards, where wines are organized by colour, region and grape variety providing useful information.
- “Olive Oils by Greek Winemakers”: Winemakers who produce extra virgin olive oil showcase their products in a special collective stand, where there will be more than a dozen olive oils to taste, from Crete, the Peloponnese, Zakynthos, Mytilene, Chalkidiki and other Greek regions.
- “Greek Wine Resto”: find more about the initiative to create a worldwide network of restaurants with Greek wine lists. Greek Wine Resto is an initiative by Oenorama, run by award-winning sommelier Nicolas Giannopoulos, wine journalist Argyris Kallianiotis and restaurant reviewer Tasos Mitselis. This project has threemandates: To reward restaurants in Greece or abroad with numerous Greek wines on their wine list, to inform Greek consumers and foreign wine-lovers about Greek Wine and to create a global network.
- Visitors can also expect to find some of the most important suppliers of the Greek wine industry in the frame of Oenotechnica. More than ten exhibitors will be presenting standard winemaking equipment, consumables and various other services for the wine industry.
Visit Oinorama 2017 for an unforgettable experience in Greek wine tasting as well as journey of discovery of Greek wine regions, varieties and the story of wine production in Greece.